Owl Labs is hiring a Web Developer to join the Marketing Design team. This role is a perfect fit for someone who is excited by the opportunity to take ownership of our website and bring excellent customer experiences to life. The ideal candidate has prior experience in e-commerce and building/optimizing for conversion, along with a passion for creative problem solving and iterative testing. You are collaborative and will work cross-functionally to ensure the performance and stability of our platform.
Owl Labs' mission is to solve a problem we've all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they've ever seen.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Build and optimize web pages in HTML/CSS/JS.
- Optimize web/digital assets for all major desktop browsers mobile devices.
- Handle daily requests for website content updates and additions.
- Set up landing pages for A/B testing.
- Coordinate with IT on server and backend necessities.
- Recommend new technology, third-party platforms, tools, policies, or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and best practices in web development.
- Bring big ideas and hustle — you’ll see the tangible impact of your work in the direction of the company.
The best candidates will have:
- Hands-on experience with launching and managing websites with some scale, ideally building an online store from end to end.
- Experience coding within a CMS; knowledge of Hubl and Shopify are a plus, but curiosity and strong opinions about a new structure are welcome.
- A “no job is too small” mentality.
- Creative and critical thinking skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A track record of driving measurable revenue and engagement.
- A strong understanding of good UI/UX practices, cross-browser compatibility, and general web standards.
- Deep knowledge of “OWASP Top 10” Web Application Security Risks.
- Experience working directly from design files (PSD, Sketch) to bring responsive front-end web experiences to life via HTML/CSS/JS.
- Understanding of Google Ads, Tag Manager, and attribution experience with Google Analytics, custom event tracking, and cross-domain tracking.
- Experience with React, Angular, or similar.
- Experience with Git and GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket.
- 5+ years of professional web development experience, preferably with a focus on customer acquisition.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Submission of previous work/portfolio is recommended.
Owl Labs is 33% remote and headquarters are based in Somerville, MA. The hiring manager for this role (Director of Design) is based in Los Angeles, CA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position, so please specify in your application.