As a Technical Support specialist, you will be the primary point of contact to Meeting Owl end-users, resellers, and potential customers through all customer support channels, including chat, email, phone and social media. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter, who is comfortable taking the initiative to deliver outstanding customer support.
Owl Labs’ mission is to solve a problem we’ve all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they’ve ever seen.
The Technical Support Specialist will be the primary point of contact to Meeting Owl end-users, resellers, and potential customers through all customer support channels, including chat, email, phone and social media. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter, who is comfortable taking the initiative to deliver outstanding customer support.
- Become a Meeting Owl expert. Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the Owl, its features, and its supported video conferencing platforms.
- Communicate Meeting Owl's features and benefits to potential customers, while answering all product questions and addressing their concerns.
- Own customer issues from start-to-finish, ensuring customers receive the fastest and easiest resolution to their issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues while maintaining excellent customer support by using standardized tools, or seeking additional help or guidance from Engineering teams as necessary.
- Escalate interoperability issues to external support organizations in order to investigate solutions and ensure a high standard of customer success.
- Demonstrate customer relations skills and maintain a positive company and product image during all interactions.
- By extracting information through customer interactions, provide voice of the customer feedback and suggestions, and product troubleshooting feedback to the relevant teams.
- Work with SQA and Customer Support teams by testing and qualifying Owl compatibility with new video conferencing platforms and hardware.
- Write and edit knowledge base articles based on information learned by customer interactions, and input from subject matter experts.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in a call center, tech support, or another role that has honed great customer service skills. Preferably in a high tech software or hardware environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required, with the ability to tailor custom messages.
- Passion for learning about and mastering new technology, including software and electronics.
- Ability to use your resources to troubleshoot technical problems, identify knowledge gaps, and quickly research and find answers to customer questions or issues.
- Must have the ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- If remote, you must be motivated and thrive in a work-from-home or shared office space environment. Your work environment must have a strong internet connection.
- Dedication to solving problems and delighting customers with quick, polite and efficient customer service.
- Familiarity with a CRM or ticketing system, and with standard business applications (Google Sheets, Google Docs, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Experience with video conferencing technologies in a business setting.
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks, or Wi-Fi connected devices a plus.
Owl Labs is 33% remote and headquarters are based in Somerville, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Shift is 8am to 4pm ET. Please specify in your application.