Owl Labs is a collaborative tech company, creating an equalized meeting and learning experience for all, wherever participants may be. Powering hybrid teams and remote work is in our DNA. Owl Labs has been a leader when it comes to celebrating and connecting hybrid teams and classrooms -- meaning both in-office and remote workers, in-room students and at-home learning. We’re best known for the Meeting Owl product line, a smart 360° camera, mic, speaker all-in-one solution. Sitting in the center of the table, the Meeting Owl uses vision and voice recognition to shift the camera to focus on who’s speaking, giving all participants a feeling as if they’re in the same room. With the continued rise of hybrid teams and remote workers, our products allow for better collaboration and productivity no matter your location.
Our award-winning product, the Meeting Owl Pro, has been recognized by CES Innovation Awards 2020, Red Dot Design Awards 2020, SXSW Innovation Awards 2020 and our team recognized as an Inc. Best Workplaces 2020 and the esteemed Inc.’s Editor’s List.
Owl Labs is seeking a Staff Accountant as we continue to grow our Accounting and Financing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hypergrowth start-up at an early stage, with the ability to build and implement scalable operating principles and develop a function in-house. As the Staff Accountant you will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations and assisting in the preparations of the company's financial statements. This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct day-to-day accounting functions, including A/P and A/R.
- Assist with month-end closing activities, including reconciliation preparation for various accounts/processes and journal entries.
- Work directly with the Accounting Manager on a regular basis to ensure GAAP compliance and accounting best practices.
- Continuously look for opportunities to generate efficiencies and increase the effectiveness of financial operations.
- Support Management with various ad hoc projects.
- Gain experience in a venture-backed startup and have a direct impact on its success.
- Bring big ideas, hustle and see the tangible impact of your work.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Owl Labs—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
- BA in Accounting or related degree.
- 1+ year of professional work experience
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving capability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, interacting professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet tight periodic reporting deadlines.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role is an on-site position, though our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19.
Please submit a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit as our Staff Accountant.
Who We Are
The environment at Owl Labs has been shaped by the top tech, marketing and sales talent leading it. We share a strong culture of support, learning, and collaboration. Embodying empathy for the remote worker or team, a love of emerging technology, and hustle and grit, everyday the Owl Labs team is shaping the future of work. From leadership to our co-op interns, we encourage creativity, breaking the mold, moving fast to learn quickly and then adapting. It’s a culture of trying new things to stay ahead in the marketplace, and embracing new ideas at every level. We embrace remote work, today and everyday with over 40% of employees working remotely (pre-COVID). The Meeting Owl products contribute directly to the company’s success; it’s at the core of who we are and what we do.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
What We Offer
- Option to Work Remotely: We practice what we preach. Employees work at our Boston HQ, across the US, and often work a hybrid mix of in-office and remote.
- Flexible Schedule: We all work hard, and so we believe in working whenever you're at your best.
- Free Health Insurance: Enroll in Owl Labs's health plan for $1 for you and your family.
- Unlimited Vacation: We have big goals. It makes sense to take what you need, when you need it.
- Celebrate Inclusivity: Owlers get important holidays, including International Women's Day, Indigenous People's Day and MLK Day.
- Incredible Team: Learn alongside phenomenal folks from some of Boston's most successful tech companies.