Owl Labs is a collaborative technology company dedicated to creating a better meeting and connecting experience for everyone, wherever you may be. Owl Labs has always been a leader when it comes to celebrating and connecting hybrid teams and classrooms -- meaning both in-office and remote workers, in-room students and at-home learning. We’re best known for the Meeting Owl product line, a smart 360° camera, mic, speaker device all-in-one. Sitting in the center of the table, the Meeting Owl uses vision and voice recognition to shift the camera to focus on who’s speaking, giving all participants a feeling as if they’re in the same room. With the continued rise of distributed teams and remote workers, our solution solves for stronger collaboration and productivity no matter your location.
Our award-winning product, the Meeting Owl Pro, has been recognized by CES Innovation Awards 2020, Red Dot Design Awards 2020, SXSW Innovation Awards 2020 and our team recognized as an Inc. Best Workplaces 2020 and the esteemed Inc.’s Editor’s List.
Owl Labs is in a hyper-growth environment and looking to rapidly expand the engineering team. We’re seeking a seasoned technical recruiter to find great engineers across the country while we scale to build both hardware and software solutions. It’s an exciting opportunity to help build the future of Owl Labs and recruit top industry talent. You should be highly adaptable and come with a consultative point of view on how to attract, assess, and hire the best.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Technical Recruiter at Owl Labs, on a daily basis you’ll carry out some of the various tasks as listed below:
- Find candidates: Research, identify, and develop relationships with prospective candidates for active searches through targeted company research, passive outreach, industry networking, and internal sources.
- Evaluate talent: Pre-screen candidates, assess whether they’re in-line with our values, and discover what makes them tick.
- Close the deal: Understand market data to create a compelling offer to convert candidates to the Owl Labs team.
- Advise: Be the talent advisor to hiring leaders. Create reports and use the data to influence change, map effective selection processes and recruitment plans, then execute consistently.
- Market the company: Identify online events that should be attended by you and the team, seek out additional venues for advertising and brand exposure.
- Growth and Development: Work with talent acquisition teammates to develop and adapt our hiring strategies and processes to focus efforts on strategic hiring priorities.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Owl Labs—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
- Location: You have been working as a technical recruiter in Boston (you and your network are located in Boston).
- Direct experience: You have 5+ years of recruiting experience focused on engineering (with an emphasis in web, mobile or machine learning) and a history of excellent performance, including the ability to influence leaders and find new ways to attract talent.
- Corporate Experience: 70% of your work experience is as a corporate Recruiter, where you were able to drive innovation and influence change.
- Data-driven: Experience building custom reports and using data to drive decisions and measuring KPI.
- Eye for talent: You listen carefully to what our teams really need and take that to identify the winning candidates quickly. You pride yourself on quality, not quantity, and you try to make the process efficient for everyone, not just yourself.
- Technical: Understand the technical stack, languages and different frameworks.
- Personable: You know technical lingo and you've got a knack for getting people to talk to you who initially may not be interested. You're exceedingly well networked on LinkedIn and Facebook. You treat the people we don't end up hiring with empathy and respect.
- Wicked at sourcing: You’re a pro with Boolean searches, know how to use the internet to your advantage, are a sleuth at finding out where the talent lives, and aren’t afraid to cold-call.
- Consultative: You understand how to build and execute recruitment strategy and develop thoughtful recruiting plans. You can work with hiring leaders and peers to demonstrate effective processes and drive positive change.
- Innovative: You're at the leading edge of recruiting. You know the industry and professional trends and you champion new approaches.
- Adaptable: You show adaptability and resilience when faced with change or ambiguous problems.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role is a Boston-based position, though our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19. Our return to the office is currently TBD.
Please submit a cover letter with your application explaining why you think you’d be a great fit as our Senior Technical Recruiter.
Who We Are
The environment at Owl Labs has been shaped by the top tech, marketing and sales talent leading it. We share a strong culture of support, learning, and collaboration. Embodying empathy for the remote worker or team, a love of emerging technology, and hustle and grit, everyday the Owl Labs team is shaping the future of work. From leadership to our co-op interns, we encourage creativity, breaking the mold, moving fast to learn quickly and then adapting. It’s a culture of trying new things to stay ahead in the marketplace, and embracing new ideas at every level. We embrace remote work, today and everyday with over 40% of employees working remotely (pre-COVID). The Meeting Owl products contribute directly to the company’s success; it’s at the core of who we are and what we do.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
What We Offer
- Option to Work Remotely: We practice what we preach. Employees work at our Boston HQ, across the US, and often work a hybrid mix of in-office and remote.
- Flexible Schedule: We all work hard, and so we believe in working whenever you're at your best.
- Free Health Insurance: Enroll in Owl Labs's health plan for $1 for you and your family.
- Unlimited Vacation: We have big goals. It makes sense to take what you need, when you need it.
- Celebrate Inclusivity: Owlers get important holidays, including International Women's Day, Indigenous People's Day and MLK Day.
- Incredible Team: Learn alongside phenomenal folks from some of Boston's most successful tech companies.