Owl Labs’ mission is to solve a problem we’ve all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant as we continue to grow our Accounting and Financing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hypergrowth start-up at an early stage, with the ability to build and implement scalable operating principles and develop a function in-house. As the Senior Accountant you will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations and assisting in the preparations of the company's financial statements. This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Ownership of global revenue recognition across a multi-pronged channel strategy.
- Conduct day-to-day accounting functions, including A/P and A/R.
- Develop and implement a scalable invoicing process.
- Assist with month-end closing activities, including reconciliation preparation for various accounts/processes and journal entries.
- Support the annual audit process, including preparation of the financial statements, footnotes, disclosures, and accounting memos.
- Work directly with the Accounting Manager on a regular basis to ensure GAAP compliance and accounting best practices.
- Continuously look for opportunities to generate efficiencies and increase the effectiveness of financial operations.
- Gain experience in a venture-backed startup and have a direct impact on its success.
- Bring big ideas, hustle and see the tangible impact of your work.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Owl Labs—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience.
- Clear communication skills on phone, chat, and email.
- A customer-centric and consultative sales approach.
- Ability to efficiently prospect and determine the right people to call.
- Experience in which you consistently met or exceeded a sales quota.
- Experience using CRM tools to organize and forecast sales opportunities.
- Ability to pick up on industry terminology quickly and understand the value of the Meeting Owl technology as it compares to our competitors.
The best candidates will have:
- Track record of high achievement.
- BA in Accounting or related degree.
- 3+ years of professional work experience; mix of public and private accounting preferred.
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving capability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, interacting professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet tight periodic reporting deadlines.
- Familiarity with NetSuite and/or ERP implementation is a major plus.
Owl Labs is 33% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role is an on-site position, though our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19. Our return to the office is currently TBD.
Please submit a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit as our Senior Accountant.
Who We Are
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they’ve ever seen.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.