Owl Labs is seeking a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to provide financial leadership and business planning in a hyper-growth environment. Our organization and revenues are growing exponentially, and we are well positioned as the world embraces hybrid work and hybrid learning environments. We need a steady hand to partner with the CFO and executive team to guide us through sound business decision making practices.
This individual will be responsible for forecasting/planning, cashflow management and ensuring that Owl Labs has the systems in place to support effective business analysis. This is a unique opportunity to impact direction and influence decision-making with financial analysis and data driven insights for a fast-growing innovative startup.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for the financial planning and analysis function which includes the following:
- Lead planning, forecasting, and financial reporting processes across the company.
- Develop a multi-dimensional budget approach which incorporates global regions, multiple product lines, and key G/L cost centers.
- Drive P&L and cashflow management strategies and assist in determining the appropriate investment levels.
- Play a key role in fundraising activities, driving a clear financial outlook and leading due diligence activities.
- Understand and highlight key performance indicators and drive ad hoc analyses to provide actionable insights to the executive team.
- Be a thought leader and partner cross-functionally to drive operational efficiencies and strategic initiatives while scaling the company.
- Develop the rigor and infrastructure to operate as a public company (IPO).
- Provide mentorship and leadership to the Finance team.
- Inspire and motivate team members while translating business goals into priorities and individual performance measures aligned with goals.
We are looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis who is a highly strategic financial business partner who brings their financial acumen to every discussion to ensure the team plans and aligns on the best path forward. This person must be a leader who will support Owl Labs by analyzing and understanding the results of the company from both a financial and operational perspective to help drive strategic business decisions.
- 10+ years of experience in financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting in a high growth environment.
- A combination of work experience in FP&A, finance, strategy or accounting at a high-growth tech company, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting.
- Strong financial modeling & analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management.
- Enjoys working in an agile, fast-paced, startup environment. Ability to wear multiple hats.
- Energetic can-do attitude and excellent leadership & team management skills. Collaboration is exciting to you and you enjoy understanding the perspectives of others.
- Effective project management skills. Possesses critical thinking and decision-making, analytical problem solving, business astuteness, and process orientation skills.
- Independent, self-starter - able to set agenda and drive progress with little direction.
- Superior organization & attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- Leadership and cross-functional collaboration experience with demonstrated examples of impact. Ability to build rapport with people and teams at all levels of organization.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application. Currently, our team is working 100% remote due to COVID-19.
Please submit a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit as our Director of FP&A.
Who We Are
The environment at Owl Labs has been shaped by the top tech, marketing and sales talent leading it. We share a strong culture of support, learning, and collaboration. Embodying empathy for the remote worker or team, a love of emerging technology, and hustle and grit, everyday the Owl Labs team is shaping the future of work. From leadership to our co-op interns, we encourage creativity, breaking the mold, moving fast to learn quickly and then adapting. It’s a culture of trying new things to stay ahead in the marketplace, and embracing new ideas at every level. We embrace remote work, today and everyday with over 40% of employees working remotely (pre-COVID). The Meeting Owl products contribute directly to the company’s success; it’s at the core of who we are and what we do.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
What We Offer
- Option to Work Remotely: We practice what we preach. Employees work at our Boston HQ, across the US, and often work a hybrid mix of in-office and remote.
- Flexible Schedule: We all work hard, and so we believe in working whenever you're at your best.
- Free Health Insurance: Enroll in Owl Labs's health plan for $1 for you and your family.
- Unlimited Vacation: We have big goals. It makes sense to take what you need, when you need it.
- Celebrate Inclusivity: Owlers get important holidays, including International Women's Day, Indigenous People's Day and MLK Day.
- Incredible Team: Learn alongside phenomenal folks from some of Boston's most successful tech companies.