Owl Labs is looking for a strategic and driven Director of Design to join Owl Labs’ Marketing Team. This person will own and lead all design for Owl Labs' brand and marketing, and the ideal person will know how direct design decisions while also rolling up his or her sleeves to make it all happen. The right person is a dreamer and a do-er.
As a rapidly growing startup, our new Director of Design will be joining Owl Labs at a crucial time of the company’s growth. Owl Labs’ approachable and sleek brand has been a key asset to the company’s success, and this person is expected to take it to the next level.
The right person is a growth-focused individual, excited by the opportunity of ownership and is ready to flex his or her own design skills on the daily.
Example Projects Include:
Your first project is leading a full website redesign to align with a major launch this year
Directing an outside web developer to bring your new website design to life
Creating all marketing design assets: content templates, display ads, product page layouts, you name it. You decide what is done by your hand and what is contracted out.
- User testing and research to improve product investigation experience
- Bonus: Web animation and product photography for visual assets
Meet Owl Labs
Owl Labs’ mission is to solve a problem we’ve all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they’ve ever seen.
The Best Candidates Will Have:
- 5+ years experience as a designer
- 2+ years experience directing and making design decisions
- An impeccable eye for sleek, consumer-level and contemporary design
- Expert-level understanding of visual communication, brand building and storytelling
- Complete fluency across the full Adobe Creative Suite and your other favorite tools
- Love for running after goals independently vs. being told what to do
- A “no job is too small” mentality -- this person will be designing and directing
- Bonus: Photography and animation experience
Owl Labs is 33% remote and headquarters are based in Somerville, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application.