Owl Labs is a collaborative technology company dedicated to creating a better meeting and connecting experience for everyone, wherever you may be. Owl Labs has always been a leader when it comes to celebrating and connecting hybrid teams and classrooms -- meaning both in-office and remote workers, in-room students and at-home learning. We’re best known for the Meeting Owl product line, a smart 360° camera, mic, speaker device all-in-one. Sitting in the center of the table, the Meeting Owl uses vision and voice recognition to shift the camera to focus on who’s speaking, giving all participants a feeling as if they’re in the same room. With the continued rise of distributed teams and remote workers, our solution solves for stronger collaboration and productivity no matter your location.
Our award-winning product, the Meeting Owl Pro, has been recognized by CES Innovation Awards 2020, Red Dot Design Awards 2020, SXSW Innovation Awards 2020 and our team recognized as an Inc. Best Workplaces 2020 and the esteemed Inc.’s Editor’s List.
Owl Labs is hiring a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Business Operations team. This is the perfect role for someone looking to accelerate their career quickly in a startup environment, grow their data skillset, support internal collaboration, and encourage a data-driven work culture. This person will have the opportunity to work with key leaders across the business and will be crucial to the success of our teams’ growth.
What You’ll Do
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for owning our top-level business data, administering our BI tool, Domo, and supporting internal teams as they build out new datasets in Domo. We are looking for someone excited to build out and expand our access to data internally, while also training and supporting team members’ knowledge of internal data.
Business Intelligence Platform Administration
- Understand the Domo architecture, all of our key data sources/connectors, and the data flows that power our metrics today.
- Design and validate automated reporting systems.
- Analyze data and create visualizations that communicate findings.
- Look for ways to improve our data infrastructure. We’re looking for data accuracy and speed of access to our top-level sales data.
- Support team internally by answering questions, fixing bugs/errors, and finding new ways to train the team on using tools.
- Build out new datasets and data flows to help answer business questions.
Own Key Sales Data & Goal tracking
- Our sales data is quite complicated, and it changes often. This person needs to be in-the-know of what changes are coming for the business and adjust datasets/visualizations accordingly.
- Build goal tracking mechanisms so we can see progress against goals set by leadership.
- Work closely with leaders to support tool use and make sure they have access to data, when they need it, to answer pressing business questions.
Support Internal Growth/Scalability through training and infrastructure
- We are investing in our internal systems and access to data. This person will play a role in that. But, there are many people across the company who will need to access and use Domo without relying on the BI administrator.
- A great candidate will be excited about building out our systems/data, but also, they’ll be excited to help others get better at using our systems and tools, too.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Owl Labs—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
- Gain experience in a venture-backed startup and have a direct impact on its success.
- See how the entire business is run, and own some of the most essential metrics at the company.
- Get in the weeds of the data that powers our business. It’s complicated and challenging, which means it’s also ripe for optimization and improved infrastructure.
- Build out how we use Domo/BI tools internally.
- Build a data-driven work culture.
The best candidates will have:
- A deep understanding of data, APIs, transformations, and object migration.
- A knack for optimization. They can come in, learn what our data ecosystem looks like today, and make suggestions for improving our infrastructure right away.
- Excitement about driving BI tool adoption internally. We need someone who can both administer our BI tool and train other team members to build out more data within the tool .
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment with peers who challenge you to be better.
- A natural communicator. We need someone who can standardize and visualize our data, but we also need someone who can communicate how data should be used and analyzed to the rest of the Owl Labs’ team.
The skills you’ll need to be successful:
- SQL (Python a plus).
- Database Administration.
- Domo Architecture.
- Domo Dashboard design.
- Data/Object migration.
- ETL | Data Warehousing.
- Data Visualization & Card Building.
- Strategic communication with stakeholders and the ability to build out content that communicates how our data works to support internal adoption of Domo.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field or business administration, finance, economics, or another related discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Advanced data analytics or database management experience.
- BI tool administration experience (Domo preferred).
- 2-3 years of experience as a business intelligence specialist preferred.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA, though our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19. Our return to the office is currently TBD.
Who We Are
The environment at Owl Labs has been shaped by the top tech, marketing and sales talent leading it. We share a strong culture of support, learning, and collaboration. Embodying empathy for the remote worker or team, a love of emerging technology, and hustle and grit, everyday the Owl Labs team is shaping the future of work. From leadership to our co-op interns, we encourage creativity, breaking the mold, moving fast to learn quickly and then adapting. It’s a culture of trying new things to stay ahead in the marketplace, and embracing new ideas at every level. We embrace remote work, today and everyday with over 40% of employees working remotely (pre-COVID). The Meeting Owl products contribute directly to the company’s success; it’s at the core of who we are and what we do.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
What We Offer
- Option to Work Remotely: We practice what we preach. Employees work at our Boston HQ, across the US, and often work a hybrid mix of in-office and remote.
- Flexible Schedule: We all work hard, and so we believe in working whenever you're at your best.
- Free Health Insurance: Enroll in Owl Labs's health plan for $1 for you and your family.
- Unlimited Vacation: We have big goals. It makes sense to take what you need, when you need it.
- Celebrate Inclusivity: Owlers get important holidays, including International Women's Day, Indigenous People's Day and MLK Day.
- Incredible Team: Learn alongside phenomenal folks from some of Boston's most successful tech companies.