Owl Labs is hiring a Backend Software Engineer to join our diverse development team. The ideal candidate has a proven track record developing incredibly stable backend systems to support daily use by tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of users. Bonus for experience in architecting such systems.
Owl Labs' mission is to solve a problem we've all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they've ever seen.
In this role, you will impact some of the company's most important product development goals.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science, or related field
- Experience designing and implementing modular, composable services, using contemporary stacks
- Ability to develop clean well-documented modular code
- Strong Cloud skills
- Strong engineering test & debug skills for consumer-like product deployment
- Experience with version control and bug tracking systems
- Strong communication skills, appreciation of documentation, and co-worker & customer empathy
Nice to Haves:
- 5+ years professional backend design & development experience
- Crypto experience
- Experience developing for consumer-type products
Owl Labs is ~30% remote and headquarters are based in Somerville, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application.