Owl Labs is growing our Accounting and Financing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hypergrowth start-up at an early stage, with the ability to build and implement scalable operating principles and develop a function in-house. As the Accounting Manager you will be responsible for preparing the Company’s financial statements and leading cashflow initiatives. The position will report to the CFO.
Owl Labs’ mission is to bring teams together for better work. We’re here to solve a problem: meetings suck, and oftentimes they are especially painful for the remote participants and teams on the other end of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, Owl Labs is perfectly poised to lead the charge on the future of work. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, over 20,000 companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they’ve ever seen.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own and drive the monthly and annual close process
- Prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Manage revenue recognition calculations and reporting
- Support the annual audit process, including preparation of the financial statements, footnotes, disclosures and accounting memos
- Redesign operational procedures and processes as needed
- Assist with ad hoc analyses and server as the CFO’s go-to resource
- Gain experience in a venture-backed startup and with a direct impact on its success
- See how the entire business is run, and own some of the most essential metrics at the company
- Bring big ideas, hustle and see the tangible impact of your work
The best candidates will have:
- Track record of high achievement and self-driven motivation
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver results under deadlines as
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong customer empathy and deep commitment to customer success
- Naturally curious mindset
The skills you’ll need to be successful:
- 7+ years of experience with at least 2 years as an Accounting Manager with complete responsibility for the preparation of annual financial statements
- CPA; BA in Accounting or related degree. Audit experience at a public accounting firm a plus
- Experience managing the full-cycle general ledger financial close process and related activities to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Revenue Recognition and ASC 606 implementation
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving capability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, interacting professionally with all levels of the organization
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline accounting operations
- Experience with NetSuite and/or ERP implementations is a plus
Owl Labs is headquartered in Boston, MA. This role is an onsite position, but open to considering remote locations for the right candidate.