When you're working from home, you benefit from fewer distractions from coworkers to help you stay focused and get heads-down work done. However, as you may have experienced, sometimes all of the quiet solitude that makes working from home so appealing can also be a little distracting. With household chores, sleeping pets, and your comfy couch just steps away, it can be tempting to take it easy when you work from home.
If you're feeling distracted the next time you work from home, try reading some of these time management quotes to make you feel motivated and ready to stay productive. We can't guarantee your couch won't still be tempting, but these ideas from executives and thought leaders might help you fight the urge to sit down on it.
1. "The shorter way to do many things is to only do one thing at a time." -- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
2. "Have regular hours for work and play, make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well." -- Louisa May Alcott
3. "Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." -- Abraham Lincoln
4. "You can have it all. Just not all at once." -- Oprah Winfrey
5. "Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks." -- Warren Buffet
6. "Because a big portion of what I do doesn't have a rhythm or predictable cadence to it, I've made it an even bigger priority to create routine where I can." -- Sara Blakely
7. "The single guiding principle that I try to follow, assuming blindly that the rest will fall into place, is to operate squarely in the present. I think it's one of the most difficult things for anyone to do." -- Emily Weiss
8. "We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in." -- Arianna Huffington
9. "There is no decision that we can make that doesn't come with some sort of balance or sacrifice." -- Simon Sinek
To learn more about working from home, read all about telecommuting next.